The table set before us
Through His goodness & His grace the Lord sets a sumptuous table before us.
The Scriptures reveal this table & what it is laden with in several different places.
As so often with the Lord it is a table that overflows with abundance.
Every provision is made for His beloved children.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever. Psalm 23:5-6
This is a table filled with many delectable delights:
- It is the table of Redemption filled with forgiveness & freedom. The Lord’s Table
- It is the table of Relationship filled with affection & affirmation. The King’s Table.
- It is the table of Resourcing that flows forth from favour & blessing. The Anointed Table.
We will explore more of each in the next few days.
It is a table to fellowship at & a table to feast from.
A place to draw close to the Lord as saviour, master & friend.
A place of encounter, a place of equipping & a place of empowering.
All made possible because of the death & resurrection of Christ our Saviour.
How amazing that a place is set for you daily. What provision & what a privilege.
You are invited & welcomed to feast in the presence of the Lord. Bon Appetit!!
The Lord sets before us a table that satisfies & a table that satiates (Isaiah 55:2, 58:11; Jeremiah 31:14 & 25).
Feast to your fill!!!
- Am I confident of my place at the Lord’s table?
- Do I readily take up the Lord’s invitation to feast in His presence?
- Meditate upon the table the Lord sets before us.
A song related to this theme:
Thank you that set a table before me,
A table that satisfies & a table that satiates.
Thank you that in Your goodness & grace You have made abundant provision for me,
I am overwhelmed by the length, depth, height & breadth of Your amazing love.
In Jesus mighty Name.